Have your say on the future of Harris Park!
Recently, many residents of Harris Park have discussed their concerns with me about rubbish, parking and noise in the area.
In response to these concerns, I secured $15.5 million in funding to improve Harris Park.
What we are doing:
- Better Parking – Funding will go towards planning and developing, improved parking in Harris Park including a new car park at Our Lady of Lebanon to help reduce congestion.
- Better Security – As a dad of three young kids, it’s important that Harris Park is safe and family-friendly. That’s why I'm helping fund cameras and improved security for Harris Park.
- Cleaner Streets – A key part of my improvements to Harris Park is to fight illegal dumping with more frequent patrols and clean-up efforts.
- Support for Businesses – I’ve secured funds as part of this project to support local businesses through investment grants, and to crack down on unlicensed and illegal businesses.
What this isn’t:
- This is not renaming Harris Park – Harris Park is not being renamed Little India. Instead, the small commercial precinct of Wigram and Marion Streets will be nicknamed ‘Little India’, which will have the same status as ‘Eat Street’ in Parramatta or ‘Little Italy’ in Leichhardt.
I want to hear your feedback on this plan and how I can improve Harris Park to better address your concerns. Please fill out this form to share your feedback.